トロント掲示板 (生活) - No.257264

掲載内容により損害を被った場合、当サイトでは一切の責任を負いません。 掲載内容の信憑性等の判断は自己責任で。 当掲示板をご利用の方は、 利用規約に同意したとみなします。 問題のある投稿を見つけた場合やご意見ご要望は、 address までご連絡を。 最近の管理内容は、管理報告をご参照ください。
トロント 生活

A good Japanese supermarket in Toronto?

Alex Alex (トロント) 2022-03-28 09:53:45
本トピックは、返信停止または返信可能期間終了のため返信・メール送信はできません。

Hello! Sorry I don't speak Japanese. 申し訳ありませんが、日本語は話せません

I have just moved to Toronto, and would like to buy Japanese food from supermarket. Do you have any recommendation?

ありがとう!!

返信‐1 a (トロント) 2022-03-28 10:30

Most chinese supermarkets in Toronto area carry most of japanese goods. What are you specifically looking for?

Some of the items, you may need to visit japanese food stores.

So the answer is depends.

返信‐2 Alex Alex (トロント) 2022-03-28 10:35

Thanks for your message! Specifically I am looking for fresh rice (新米) from Japan. I also want to buy some 塩麹 for cooking. I wonder if T&T would carry those.

返信‐3 a (トロント) 2022-03-28 11:25

If you want to buy rice imported directly from Japan, then I'd suggest you to visit Heisei Mart, which is located in Markham area, Steeles & Hwy 404. Mind you those imported rice are pretty pricey.

If you just want to eat Japanese rice harvested in Carifornia, short grain rice, then you could buy those rice in any of Asian super market. Surprisingly, you could also purchase this short grain rice from Canadian super market. Namely, Kokuho rice in 10 lb bag. I saw Walmart sells this rice!

As for the other one you mentioned, I'd assume it is to be pronounced as Kouji, or Koji, you need to go to Japanese food store, for example, Heisei Mart I mentioned. I thought I had seen that product in that store. You could call the store before you visit to make sure they have it in stock. Good luck.

返信‐4 a (トロント) 2022-03-28 11:29

Heisei Mart
4.5542 Google reviews
Japanese grocery store
Service options: In-store shopping
Located in: J-Town
Address:
3160 Steeles Ave E, Unit 118 (J-Town South building, Markham, ON L3R 4G9
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 10 a.m. Tue
Health and safety: Mask required · Staff wear masks · More details
Phone: (905) 305-0108

返信‐5 Alex Alex (トロント) 2022-03-28 11:35